Welcome to the new AdaGIDE home page!
AdaGIDE is the Ada GNAT Integrated Development Environment for
Windows 95/NT/2000/ME/XP. It consists of an editor that interfaces to the GNAT Ada
compilers. AdaGIDE was implemented entirely in Ada using the win32ada
For more information on the GNAT project, go to
To download GNAT, start at
Click here to see a picture of the AdaGIDE
AdaGIDE is freely distributed
as a service to the Ada community under
the terms of the GNU general public license.
To use AdaGIDE, you need GNAT. Get it first from
AdaCore GNAT libre site.
from its sourceforge site.
How do I keep my settings when installing the latest
version of AdaGIDE?
Starting with the 21 March 2006 release, this should happen automatically.
Just install the new AdaGIDE into the same location (adagide.ini is no longer
part of the installer).
AdaGIDE is free software, but donations to support web hosting, etc. are welcome!
- Standard Windows interface, including MDI (multiple documents)
- Spell checker
- Automatic code reformatting
- Colorized context-sensitive editing
- Comment/Uncomment buttons
- Ada 95 help, including LRM
NEW with 7.4!
- Search through all files (7.41)
- Add your own tools to the Tools menu
NEW with 7.3!
- Updated with Ada 2005 reserved words (7.31)
- Adds support for SPARK
- Redesigned options dialogs
- Change between
debug and release versions
NEW with 7.2!
- History in Find dialog, "match whole word" includes "_"
- Now supports
RichEdit 2 (backward compatible with RichEdit 1)
NEW with 7.0/7.1!
- Detects file updates outside of the editor and prompts to reload
case and whole word in find/replace
- New Win32 GUI target using resource
- Suggestions made when user types '.' or '('
NEW with 6.50!
- User definable colorization schemes
- Parenthesis matching
reformat on enter (can be disabled in Tools/Options)
NEW with 6.42!
- Support for multiple debuggers
NEW with 6.40!
- Context sensitive spell checker
NEW with 6.26!
- Can now compile using JGNAT or ada2nqc from within AdaGIDE
- Improvements to source reformatter
NEW with 6.23!
- Can add HTML help to help menu
NEW with 6.22!
- Built-in source code line counting facility
- Reformat will align parameters, variable declarations
NEW with 6.21!
- Autosave features creates automatic backups periodically
NEW with 6.20!
- redirect both input and output
- goto declaration (requires GNAT 3.11)
NEW with 6.17!
- ads2adb - generates null package body from package spec (preliminary).
ads2adb is no longer distributed, but gnatstub is used in its place.
- now uses a larger font (switched to Fixedsys as in notepad rather than
- now can compile to a different directory than where source is located
Comments, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome.
If you have a comment, suggestion or bug report, send email to:
Want to stay up to date? Consider using the RSS feed. A free news reader is available at:
Number of hits since 16 May 2006.